Throughout my journey in life, I’ve learned many lessons and I’ve always tried to keep notes of the lessons I was learning. I thought I would share some of these lessons with you in a short blog post. You may disagree with my lessons, but I’m calling things as I’ve experienced them. Here goes…
1. People cannot keep secrets.
2. Unfortunately in business, nice guys usually do finish last.
3. Time IS more valuable than money. (I used to think time was money. It’s not!)
4. It’s a lot easier to get into partnerships than it is to get out of them.
5. The old saying – “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade” might actually be the secret to success.
6. The ONLY way to get and stay rich is to consistently live below your means.
7. It’s usually best to do the opposite of what everyone else is doing. This applies to almost every area in life.
8. You can’t accomplish anything in your business, if your employees don’t fear you at some level.
9. Less really is more.
10. Golf is a waste of time.
Plus two bonus lessons…
11. A good business book can and should turn into money in your bank account.
12. You only get half of what you deserve in live. Adjust your output accordingly.
Can you add to this list? I’m sure you can! Please add your life lessons in the comments to this post.
32 replies to "10 Lessons I’ve Learned in Life"